Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Baby your a Firework!!

"You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine, Just own the night like the 4th of July"


'Cause baby, you're a firework

Come on, show 'em what you're worth

Make 'em go, oh

As you shoot across the sky



Baby, you're a firework

Come on, let your colors burst

Make 'em go, oh

You're gonna leave 'em falling down



You don't have to feel like a waste of space

You're original, cannot be replaced

If you only knew what the future holds

After a hurricane comes a rainbow



Maybe you're reason why all the doors are closed

So you could open one that leads you to the perfect road

Like a lightning bolt, your heart will blow

And when it's time, you'll know


This is the Song By Katy Perry I was listening to before my Big interview today!! I think She Hit the nail on the head! I let my colors burst today. I had 3 people interrogating me today as I had an intervew for the Surgical ICU NP position.

A couple questions that stuck out to me is they asked me how I measure my success in both my personal and professional life. Big Question, Tough question. I told them all about how I measure my success in my professional life such as Pt compliance, Making a profit for my practice, My evaluations, how my patients view me but when it came to my personal life I didn't really say much. I just told them about my family, my happiness about my goals and How I achieved them. I think that my personal and professional life should be kept seperate. Agree?

Also another question I was asked is how I manage conflict at work. Thats easy, being open minded, being able to listen to the other side, trying together to come up with a solution. Easy?!

I had other questions that went deeper...It was a toughy, but I think I won them over. Now the question is can I win the Docs over?! ahhh!! I have to meet with them too! Geesh! I never thought applying for a job would be this tough! I guess they want the best for their patients and it shows!

All I kept thinking about it show them what your worth!! Which is Katy Perrys song! Love it! Crossing my fingers!

I also got a call from another prospective employer today. She wanted to inform me that the position I applied for changes to a 24/7, 365 day position. I asked what does this mean?! Well I would basically be on call 24/7, have to work weekends and holidays...um no...so I declined an interview. I mean I have a family to spend time with and training to do!!!

Today I had a dreaded SLOW recovery run...my coach is killing me...no I take that back...shes making me Stronger, mentally and Physically!!! Arg!! Im getting pumped for next season already!

Tonight I will be doing a nice spin on the trainer...after I mingle with the CNY triathlon club over dinner and maybe a glass of REDCAT to calm the nerves...

Happy Training!!
You just gotta ignite the light and let it shine

Just own the night like the 4th of July



'Cause baby you're a firework

Come on, show 'em what you're worth

Make 'em go, oh

As you shoot across the sky



Baby, you're a firework

Come on, let your colors burst

Make 'em go, oh

You're gonna leave 'em falling down

5 comments:

  1. Love this song- it always pumps me up!! I just added it to my workout play list and I always jam out to it when it comes onto the radio!! Good luck, I hope you get the job! When I start nursing school hopefully next spring- I know who I will to turn to with questions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great song! I wish you continued success in your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with your interview! I hope you get the position!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that the interview went well. :) Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I KNOW YOU NAILED THE INTERVIEW!

    ReplyDelete