Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March is here!! Few more weeks until SPRING!!

Ahh, March!! The light at the end of the nasty winter tunnel. 3 more weeks until Spring!! Today it was almost 40 degrees here in Central New York. This is short running weather for me! I keep looking at the Weather for this Saturday and it still says 40, so it looks like Ill be wearing my green Shorts!!! Did you know green is a lucky color?!! Im psyched!

I have to say today I was doing 1 mile repeats on the treadmill and by the 3rd one I was ready to be done. My legs were just dead. My hamstrings are tight right now. I have been trying to roll the suckers out. My feet are up and recovery socks are on. Direct orders from coach said NO Cleaning, NO standing anymore than I have to so I have been pushing it with the honey making him do my dirty work! I even showed him the email from Ms. Eggers. He whined a little. But he knows I want to do well.

I have some serious mental toughness this week. Eat Clean, Positive Race thoughts, Nailing Pre Race nutrition have all been on my brain when Im not doing anything else. Geesh, I didn't think I'd be so obnoxious about my race this weekend as I have been in the last 2 days!!

February was a good month for me in training. Mainly because of the great gains in my running. I have been training with some hard *sses and they will not let me get away with missing a workout. Especially on Sundays. I would never hear the end of it!

Here are the totals for February-
Swim- 20451 yards, 8.01 hours ,
Bike- 16.17 hours
Run- 82.92 miles- 13.95 hours
Strength- 5 hours

TOTAL time- 43.13 hours

Happy Training!!

6 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! i love when I can get athletes out of housework!!!!!

    Will they have GPS live updates????

    Roll it out, time to absorb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No housework? You totally rock!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, so all I have to do is forge an email from my Coach and I can get my girlfriend to do ALL of the cleaning? Brilliant!!!!......haha!.....that would NEVER work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha!! Yes Jon! Its working SO far! I don't know if I can keep this up until October though!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. getting out of house work pre-race is the BEST!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just picked out my outfit for Saturday, short sleeved green shirt! Hope it doesn't rain!

    ReplyDelete