Thursday, March 10, 2011

In a Funk

This week has been one of those weeks I just want to park my butt in front of the couch and put on my Snuggie. Yes, I love my Snuggie!!

Anyways, It has been a rough start to the week for me and Im still trying to put my finger on it.

Monday I was pumped and ready to start the week, Tuesday I was ok, By yesterday I was ready to call it quits. I had a bad swim test Tuesday which I cannot seem to get over and my Tempo bike felt awful yesterday. 

I have a nagging Hamstring pinch to my left leg as well as a vice grip feeling that wraps around my calf on the same leg also.  It hasn't prevented my from doing my workouts as it is gone by the next morning. I cannot put my finger on it yet. I don't know if its because I stand all day at work or something else. I will get to the bottom of it.

Today my daughter said the funniest thing. Mom "My Lungs Hurt" All while rubbing her neck!! We were at dinner and I almost spit my drink out!! She realized what she said and started laughing too!!

She also told me I was the most beautiful mommy in the world which was the best ending to the crappy day today....

May the weekend Bring me much more happiness!!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are on the downward-post-race slide. Didn't you just have a huge PR last weekend? It WILL come back! Can't be a rockstar every day ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new picture heading. Look at you rockin' those lime green socks ...very cool look! I feel you on the funk. The last 2 weeks I haven't been feeling the swim so i just haven't gone to the pool. However, I had a long talk with myself and i said, "self, it's ok, you needed the mental break. your swimming is fine, you aren't going to lose any fitness, get back on track on Monday and just enjoy the rest of the weekend." And, that's exactly the plan. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand your funk. I have suffered from this same thing. I am starting to come out of it. All I did was just ride out the funk! I know you will pull out of it because you are a rackin' tri-star!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kristin, I've so been there... over and over! We all go through funks1 Get some extra sleep and I'm sure it'll pass! :)

    ReplyDelete