Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Swimming

When I first started this triathlon business I was a backyard swimmer. A swimmer that swam for fun with my daughter, not getting too serious.

I decided to take up triathlons. My first swim I felt like a fish flopping out of the water. What was I thinking trying to do a triathlon?? I kept at it swimming every chance I got. I liked swimming like I liked a toothache.

I got to the point where I was going to give up an just do duathlons. Then I took a swim clinic and watched other good swimmers swim, analyzing their strokes, trying to copy the rythmic movements that looked so effortless.

I had a revelation today..I felt effortless and so calm in the water. I kept telling myself what one of the swim coaches taught me. Patient leading hand, patient leading hand..(oh wait breathe!!) Yes..I finally feel zen-like in the water and am looking forward to all my summer activities that include swimming!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment