Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reflections on the First Week of Syracuse 70.3 training



The First week of Half Iron Man training is now under my belt!!

Its started off as a slow week, but I was needing it coming off a 10 mile hilly road race on my feet.

I have had some meltdowns already in the pool as well as on the bike. I have tried to think mental toughness is what this is all about. Im getting there. Keeping my spirits up.

I was talking to my boyfriend today who is my rock and also is a triathlete. I told him I've already had moments. He looked at me and said you are a good swimmer, biker and runner. Who cares how slow you are as long as you make it to the finish line. Remember, this is your first IM and you are just trying to make it to the finish line standing up.

After this conversation I felt better and was able to do my 20 mile nice and easy ride on my Giant Aeryn Tri Bike (I love this bike)

Training in numbers:

Swim- 3600 meters Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Bike- 50 miles Total time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Run- 7 miles Total Time: 66 minutes

Tomorrow will be focused on Brick training..25 mile ride, 50 minute run...cannot wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment