Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ithaca Outing

This morning I got up and headed out for my run early in the morning as to not take away from the day ahead. I set out for a 10 mile run but ended up doing 8.5 miles due to time constraints. I finally felt really good on my long run!!!! Progress!! Well it does help that the humidity was low and the temperature was low 70s this morning with a great breeze.

I felt great the whole run until I got home and started making a recovery breakfast. My stomack was very queesy. I thought about my last run and what I had done differently this time. This time I used PowerAId instead of my PowerBar drink. Ill never do that again. Need to stick with what works.

Took me 2 hours after my run to feel better.

It took us about an 1 1/2 hours to get to Ithaca and I was so excited to go. Because today I was going to get my Tri bike fit for me!!! I have been having some saddle soreness and also feeling too outstretched on it so felt it was worth the trip.

We got to the Science Center first and spent a couple hours being amazed by little science projects. I think I tried to put a puzzle of 7 blocks into a square about 80 times and still couldn't figure it out!!! We touched some star fish and hermit crabs, walked onto musical stairs, magified our skin, hair and pants to 300x. There was also a outdoor exhibit where my daughter lifted me off the ground with a lever pulley!! Strong 6 year old!! LOL!!

After our Science trek, we went to the Ithaca Commons for a nice Mexican Lunch then hit the Fingerlakes Running and Triathlon Co. This place is a little shop located in the Commons. This is where my bike fit was. I met one of the owners at a Running Mechanics talk he gave to the CNY tri club a while back. We got there early and perused the store. Not too shabby!! Has some great stock and I wanted alot in the store but knew if I needed anything for my bike, I should wait to make any purchases.

I got on the trainer and we spend a good 30-40 min just on my saddle!! This was most of the problem of course!! It was a toss up between 2 saddles but I decided to mount my bottom on a Adamo Round series Century X seat. I hope it will hold up for the long mileage!!! My seat was also sitting a little too high, but other than that my form on my bike was perfect!! I left the store happy with my purchases. I even got some nice smelling odor control for my tri shoes...PEEEUUUU those things stink!!!

I think I might need to save and purchase some new shoes next!!! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment