Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Turkey Trotting

Tomorrow will mark the 3rd anniversary of our love with the Kiwanis Thanksgiving Turkey Trot in Baldwinsville, NY. Hundreds of people run the 1/2 mile kids run, 5K and 10K races that are held each year. This is the 43rd year of this race! And to think I just found out about it 3 years ago!!

I have really no expectations of tomorrow as I have been nursing a calf strain to the Left side. I feel great until about mile 2 on my runs and then it bugs me. Im getting kind of bummed about the whole thing because I absolutely enjoy running and seeing the gains I can make. If I PR tomorrow, Great. If not it isn't the end of the world. My plan is to warm up with my little one during the 1/2 mile kids run, then jog about 10 more min around the building, then hit the 5K. Run the first mile smooth, and see what happens. I ran the 10K last year but felt the 5K was more doable at this point with the way the leg has been acting up.

After the run I plan on spending the day with my loving family who support my crazy habits and realize I might be a little late for Thanksgiving dinner with good reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment