Friday, November 25, 2011

Many Thanks!

Yesterday was a wonderful day! It was about 40 degrees when we set out to do our 3rd Annual Turkey Trot. My daughter wanted to do the 5K but she hasn't been running in a few months and didn't want her to get hurt. I thought maybe we could play a catch game, like she could try to catch me or vice versa but thought against it. Maybe next time. See my daughter wouldn't be ok with running by herself. I konow her too well, she would probably start crying. I don't know. I guess I have to stick her in that situation to find out.

We left the house at 8am, Got to the race site 15 min before the kids run. I met up with some of the Lake Effect Club runners that I really haven't seen since the summer!! It was a great reunion!

My daughter then did her 1/2 mile run and did fairly well! She was towards the front which I was surprised to see!! maybe she could run 3 miles and be ok!

At 9:10am we made our way down the street to the start line. I got in the 7min mile start line which I knew was ok because people who shouldnt be ahead of me were. The gun went off and it took about a min to get to the start line. It was an uphill start. I was trying to pass people but it was hard to do so. I finally got a break when we turned left onto a straight away. There was rolling hills to the 1.3 mile turn around, then back around to the rolling hills, down the start hill and up another hill to the finish.

I started out way too fast and thought I could keep my 7:45 pace, well that just didn't happen. I had on a fleece jacket which I should've taken off and I was steamy hot! No lie! The steam was coming off my jacket! ha ha!Bad decision to not give this to my one and only before the run. All I could think about was how I was cooking!!

Finish time 27:14/ my watch 26:01.

16/106  30-34 AG
550/1798 participants

I wore my new Kswiss Blade Light Running Shoes which I loved. But, the review said they run big and to get a half size smaller. I did and it was a mistake! My great toe on my left foot was hurting as it was banging on the tip of the shoe! Otherwise I loved the feel of them!

(Today was BOGO FREE shoes on Kswiss.com so I bought my next pair! YAY!)

After the Trot we took off to my parents house where I was greeted by my sister and her family, my mom and dad. I love this time of year!

The food was absolutely delicious. Compliments to the Chef of a sister I have!!

Now to go biking as it is going to be 60 Degrees here today!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! What a great run! Hope you enjoyed your Thanksgiving Day!

    ReplyDelete