Saturday, September 10, 2011

First cold since starting my Season!

Well, there are 49 days left until Beach to Battleship 140.6!! The training is winding down and I am getting the next few weeks of long training rides in!

YIKES!

I have started with a sore throat, stuffy nose this morning..I did my long run anyways. But, I started falling asleep on the car ride home!! I came home and fell asleep on the couch for an hour. I know Im getting the first cold of the season.

You see when you work in Family Care you see all the kids with snotty noses and all the adults that like to cough in your face. You tell them its viral and they are upset they came to the doctors. eh, it happens and it can take up to 2 weeks to feel better! Listen to your body, rest, fluids, etc.

Anyways, I am feeling it today but nothing is in my chest yet. No coughing just wicked sore throat and teeth pain!! Darn Sinuses! I will keep up with fluids and resting as I have a very important ride tomorrow!

I am planning on doing a Century ride for ALS (AKA- Lou Gehrig's disease) A cyclist from our local cycling community passed away a few years ago and was well liked and respected in this club. We will ride for him tomorrow and all the others with this disease, their friends, their families. All proceeds will go to the ALS Therapy Institute. 100 miles of bike riding!! Im so excited to do this!

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment