Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I am so READY for Spring!

I love the winters in New York, most of the time. This winter has got me really bummed! One day it is nice out, next we have 5 inches on the ground! Spring needs to get here soon!

I was thinking of how eager I am to race this upcoming season. I have never been on top of getting my race schedule together as I have this year. I am thinking of doing a Race in June but cannot find one that will fit with my schedule. I have a race every month besides June! My honey laughs at me because I want to race all the time. He doesn't understand why its so maddening to me and not to him. Must be a guy thing.

I am going today AGAIN to look at a new Tri Bike. I so want a Felt B-12 and I think Im going to tell the shop to order it. I would love it to be in PINK but of course I have to settle for the only color that it comes in which is black and white. Of course I can spruce it up with Pink wheels, handlebar tape, pedals.... Ok Im getting excited about the vision of this bike! I am so picky these days with my bike selection. I am back and forth with what I want. I cannot believe I am doing this. I guess I want a bike that when I walk in and see it the light shines on it and I hear the angels sing in the background just like in the movies!! That has yet to happen.

I have been hanging on to the fact that there were these awesome green knee high running socks at Dick's Sporting goods store. I have been thinking about them all week. I want to race in them in a few weeks. I know, Im silly like that! It better be 40-50 degrees because I want to wear shorts for Pete's sake!

On a side note. My running was so exhilarating last night. I don't know why I felt good but I just went with the flow! I forgot my heartrate monitor watch and didn't figure it out until I got to the gym. I said screw it and ran anyways. I went by feel. Let me tell you, being free, not strapped in and looking at my watch every 10 seconds made me actually run faster! I did check every now and then that I was in my zones though by putting my hands on those metal sensors. I was in the Zones baby! I had to do a 15 min Zone 2 warm up followed by 15min x2 Zone 3 with 5 min rest in between, followed by a cool down. My Ave HR 158. Zone 3 speed was 8:34 and 8:32!! Last week they were 9:05 and 8:56!! Hmmmm...to have a monitor or not?? HMMMMMM...Ok coach..yes I know...training in Heart Rate zones is making me faster...I believe that NOW!!

5 comments:

  1. I am doing a Lepchraun race in March and I am looking for fun St. patty gear to run in! Green socks sound right up my alley

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't blame you for being picky about your bike. When you put that much money towards something you have a right to be picky!! I'm so excited for you to get a tri bike...woohoo!!

    Awesome job on your run! I love those types of runs when you just get in a zone..it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta be picky about your bike. You are going to be sitting on it for hours on end so it better be perfect for you.

    And I can't stop reading B-12....the bike sounds like the perfect vitamin for what ails you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ditto! Spring where are you?!?!! I have found out the hard way that I don't like winter when instead of skiing I'm training for a marathon. Hope you find the perfect fit on your new bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got fit by Retul last week and im now also looking to decide between the B12 and B14. Im just not sure how much a difference in feel the Dura Ace is going to be compared to the SRAM Red R2C. Check out my blog entry on the matter:

    http://dsactive.blogspot.com/2011/02/bike-fitting.html

    DS

    ReplyDelete