Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Ironman Lake Placid Training Week #21

This was a Down week coming off the Syracuse Half Marathon. I rested pretty well the first few days, but then was dying to get back into training. Surprisingly, I wasn't that sore post half Marathon although I knew my body was weaker. I didn't do any speedwork as requested by my running coach and just sticked to easy to mild tempo running, Good form.

I am really starting to focus on Pulling in the water and rotating my hips, trying to stay relaxed as much as possible in the water. I tend to get anxious the first couple laps and then slip into this tingly coma feeling for the rest of the swim. I try to shut out the negative and focus on what I can control.

The Bike comes naturally for me, however I am having a little trouble getting comfortable on the saddle. I can't put my finger on the seat yet, but its a work in progress.

I ran Sunday with a great friend. We did one of the toughest running courses in Syracuse, The Mountain Goat course and talked about what time we are looking to get. Obviously, I was a little tired from the accumulative affects of the race and long bike on Saturday, but still put forth a good effort of a 8:40 pace on Sunday for 14 miles.

Swim: 7350yds- 2:07:25
Bike: 127 miles- 6:20:00
Run: 26.5 miles- 4:04:00

Total time- 12:31:35

Happy Training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment