Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Ironman Lake Placid Training Week #18

What a great week! I am hitting the training like a champ! I didn't hit as much swimming as I would like and am still adjusting to getting up early to get the workouts in. Now double daily workouts have started and is very challenging with 2 kids and a loving partner to stretch my time with!

I got my Tri Bike this week and with a few adjustments I was ready to go. I got my long bike in on it which I was pleased about. It is taking some getting used to again as I have been off one for the last 2 years. The first few rides were a little slower than I would've liked but I am still moving and grooving which is half the battle!

The niggle in my Left hamstring and Piriformis finally released itself this past week and I have been relieved to run faster than ever! I really think it was my over pronation throwing my gait off making some hairy inflammation occur.

I have been craving more chocolate than normal which has been one of my dampers in the nutrition department but other than that, the paleo diet has been maintained throughout training. I do use Gu's and Roctane throughout training to get quick carbs in but other than that, my diet is strictly paleo eating.

I have been trying Tart Cherry Juice the past week and am hoping it will help with Inflammation. You can read all about the benefits of it here.  It is quite tart but tastes good. You can also mix it with Smoothies, seltzer water, etc.

I am on the edge of my seat getting antsy to do the Syracuse Half in 2 weeks. My long runs have been favorable for me to go under 1:50 which I am hoping for!

My training in Numbers:

Swim- 4800 yds, 1:20:00
Bike- 110 miles, 5:56:00
Run- 31 miles, 4:38:50
Strength- 1:15:00

Total Training- 13:09:50

Happy Training!!!

1 comment: