Thursday, March 26, 2015

IMLP Training Week #20

Last week was a down week. A little recovery before the big Half Marathon.

The begining of the week I felt sluggish. I backed off on some strength training as to not add more stress to my mucles before the race. I did work on upper body, but held up on the lower half.

I ate well, Hydrated as much as I could and used my foam roller like a BOSS!

I struggled with how I was going to rest going into the race and decided to do my Long Bike on Thursday, freeing up Friday to rest and Easy Bike on Saturday.

It paid off as I had over a 7min PR at my race! I am still shocked that I did so well. I will be forever indebted to my Running partner JF.

I am not so focused on my Time and Distance lately. I feel like I have shifted into caring more about putting in a good effort and feeling good about the workout.

The week in Numbers:

Swim: 2:01:00-7200 yds
Bike: 5:51:27- 117 Miles
Run: 3:46:33- 26.8 miles
Strength 20 min

Total 11:59:00

No comments:

Post a Comment