Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

This is a time to reflect on the last year. I have to say it has been a great year!

I am not much for Resolutions. I think just striving to be better than you were yesterday should be an automatic thing on a daily basis. I go to bed at night without any regrets of the day that transpired before me. I try to treat everyone as I would like to be treated and expect the same in return.
I try to reflect on it and if there are changes that need to be made, tomorrow is a fresh start and I can move forward. I am living with no regrets, no worries. That is my motto!

With that being said, I had a lot of fun this year with great friends. I have maid some huge gains in fitness and managed quite a few PR's.  I Tried a new sport and continue to grow both personally and professionally.


My friend K and I did the Resolution Run today. It is a non timed race of about 5 miles with a Champagne stop mid way. Some nasty hills, and some good 'ol prizes and food at the end. 

We decided on wearing New Years Crowns for the race. We were stopped by the local newspaper AND Local News to do a photo and talk about the race and why we do it. 

The race is fun, it is just a way to get back into the swing of things after the Holidays. It is a time when we all gather around and discuss how the holidays went with each other and what we are looking forward to in the next year. 
Looking into 2015, I do have a few goals in mind, but I do not want to disclose at this time until they are met. They are pretty high, obtainable goals in my mind. Can't wait to crush them!

We did 5 miles pretty fast today! ~ 5 miles in 38 min, including a Champagne toast mid way!! woot! I am happy to say I crushed my goal of less than a 8 min mile multiple times this year and continue to plan on racing goals in the future. 


Hope you all have a Wonderful 2015!
Happy Training!
Me on the Left, K on my Right! 



No comments:

Post a Comment