Sunday, January 11, 2015

IMLP Training Week #10

This week was a down week. I'm glad it was. With work inundating us with people with the flu, it wasn't going to be to long until I started presenting with symptoms. So, right on track After seeing multiple patients during the week, I started coming down with fatigue and body aches by Thursday.

I didn't take a rest day because My symptoms weren't that bad to warrant it. I kept trucking along to meet my goal times this week. By Saturday, my Long bike didn't seem so ominous. I got on feeling that I could bike 1:45 with a sore throat and chills. I am glad I stuck with it and finished the workout. Despite lower cadence and speed, I still finished the workout.

Today I was my perky self again and rocked a 10.25 mile long run in 1:30! I felt strong the whole way and felt I could maintain the 8:45 pace for another 1-2 hours without a problem. Progress!!

This week had its own stresses outside the triathlon world. My Mothers apartment complex caught on fire, We are looking for a new home and my daughter is preparing for her first gymnastics meet. Nothing happened to my mother, just a little smoke damage, thank you Lord. This is all On top of me working full time and taking care of the family at home. Phew! Busy, busy! I wouldn't change it for the world though!

I did have a few slip ups in nutrition this week. All I wanted to do was EAT! It was mostly healthy foods with some GF cookies thrown in there here and there but more that I usually Eat. Moving forward on that one!

I am gearing up for some good races next month. Once being the Couch Potato 5K and Lake Effect Half Marathon. My goal is to go 1:45-1:50 for the half and to break 22:00 for the 5K. We will see!!
Excited to have goals!



This weeks totals:

Swim:1:48:09- 6200yds
Bike: 4:25:00- 84.3 miles
Run; 2:55:00- 19.5miles
Strength:30 min
Cross training- Row 800m

Total: 9:43:09

Happy Training!!

No comments:

Post a Comment