Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Swells

I have finally gotten over my fear of any creepy crawlies in the water. Whether it be big fish, snakes, snails, mussels. I just kept going out into the water and one day I said to myself, if something is going to bite me it'll happen, I cannot be afraid. Since that moment of swimming alone in the water, I am not afraid.

What I can tell you I am STILL afraid of is swells. I fear when I move like crazy in the water due to swells coming at me. I fear I cannot take a breath of air, I will drown, no one will see me, etc, etc, etc. Today was one of those days. I went out for a swim with 1 other woman and 4 guys this morning. We got out to the first Can just fine, went to turn and there were the swells there to eat me alive, drag me down in the water, keep me from breathing. These are the thoughts that run through my mind!!! The guys of course are much calmer in the water than I am. I made it to the second can a few minutes after them and turned around came back.

This is what the water looked like this Morning!!

All in all I did 30 minutes with those beasts!!! I am getting there slowly. I have learned patience with swells is key. Acting like a cork in the water and letting them take you is best. Dont fight the swells. So I didn't fight this morning and made it back safe and sound!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment