Sunday, December 7, 2014

IMLP Training-Week #5

Week number 5 is coming to a close. As I have been looking at my numbers and analyzing what I have been doing. I noticed I am about 3 weeks ahead of my training than I want to be on my plan. Time to recover next week and reboot a few weeks backwards! Whoops!

I have been nailing down my race schedule and it is getting pretty Hairy. With Ironman right smack in the middle of summer, it is taking alot away from the races that I would normally do.

I still am going to have fun and go with the flow though. I may do some races and tack on training before and after. Its all good!

The week started with a terrible sore throat. I worked the past weekend and saw many acute, sick patients with the common cold and flu. Not to mention 3 flu cases in a matter of 2 days.

I figured by Wed or Thurs I would feel better and to just go easy as much as I could.

By Wed I was congested, but still planned on doing my Speed workout as it was only in my nose, not in my chest.

Thursday, It took all I could to swim 2200 yards. All doped up on Sudafed, Coughing and Hacking all the way!

Friday, Same rendition as Thursday

Saturday- Long Bike felt like torture on the bike. COuldn't get comfortable and legs felt heavy but I got through the workout, Brick run legs felt dead halfway in.

Today- I just barely got through a 1:23 run, Still have 50 min bike to go

I think the week has physically drained me- I don't feel anything in my chest, but know that this is starting to brew into a Sinus Infection. Maybe I am not hydrating enough, recovering enough, eating enough??? I will play around with this in weeks to come. Its hard to gauge when you are exposed to these illnesses on a daily basis at work.

Total Training time: Before the Bike- 11:02:27
Swim:7525yds- 2:30:14
Bike:91.3 miles- 4:51:47
Run:20.2 miles: 3:05:26
Strength: 30 min

Happy Training!

No comments:

Post a Comment