Saturday, March 1, 2014

Cold Bitter temps..the story of my life!

http://bcove.me/lbr1sz5j

Winter storm Titan is making its way across the West, Midwest and North East. Todays cold air definitely made that apparent!

Made a trek outside, bundled up, looking like the Michelan man this morning. The weather was actual real feel -4.

With these temps, I have to play it on the warmer side as I have a touch of Raynauds (why I live in CNY, I do not know!!) I wore 2 fleece lined pants, Omniheat top, fleece top and then a Storm Fit jacket on the outer shell. Fleece hat, 2 gloves, Woolie socks.

I got out to run with a group of people from the local Y running group. Unfortunately, my friend who is on the faster side of the running group decided she was going to push the pace. I didn't want to tell her I was secretly dying inside while she continued to talk like she was walking as we were pushing 7:45-8min pace.
Mind you, this was supposed to be our LONG easy run. I thought, oh god, am I going to be able to hold this pace for 2 hours?!! Luckily she realized we were pushing the pace and backed off to a 9min mile which was a lot better for me. We decided to do some of the Empire State Marathon Course. Well, I can honestly say I hated the beginning of the course. Hayes Road, I give you the middle finger. Its not that it is hard, its the pitch of the road. It tore up my legs. It slants on every curve. I think it is mainly because it is so close to the lake for the runoff I'm sure. I have decided I will never to this race today. (I may change my mind, but for now, it stands!)

We ran a out and back course. My running buddy had to stop at 1:20. I proceeded to do my 2 hours. By this time I was getting cold, so I tried to pick the pace up a bit to stay warm. Finished 13 miles today.

I was happy to be done. I had some aching in the back of my legs which I knew was from the darn road!

I am pretty confident in running Syracuse Half in 3 weeks if everything goes right. I am playing it by ear as I don't know the times of my daughters Gymnastics competition yet! Ugh.

Next up is Tipp Hill Run Next weekend!! Ready to beat my time from last year for sure!!

Happy Training.


No comments:

Post a Comment