Thursday, December 23, 2010

Letting Go

Some times its hard to let go of that one thing that someone did to hurt you, that one thing you remember, that one person that let you down.

I was talking to one of my patients today and hearing what I was saying to her made me realize that some things are in need of just letting go.

Over the last year I have made some mistakes. Some little, some big. But, It is time to move past these and let them go. Since it is the end of the year I have made it a vow that I will think long and hard before I tell someone my point of view, before I yell at someone, before I pass judgement. Its hard to see someone elses view when you are upset. Its time to take that step back.

I always give good advice but sometimes I do not take my own. This coming year will be different.

On another note the family did a Holiday tradition Last night!! Lights on the Lake!! It is a Drive thru showing displaying different themed lights on the Parkway here in Liverpool! We have done this since my daughter was 1 month old!! It is pretty much the same thing year after year, but it wouldn't be Christmas without seeing them!

Onto more shopping, wrapping presents, baking cookies, and getting a swim and bike in tomorrow!! Tomorrow is girls day out...what a Treat!!

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Kristin!

    And I admire you for taking that step back and realizing where you might be able to improve. We could all learn from your example! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Kristin! I hope you have a great day with the family!

    ReplyDelete