Saturday, October 4, 2014

Cyclocross. All the cool kids are doing it!

The last month I decided to give another sport a try. Cyclocross!! Cyclocross is a very specific type of bike racing. For the most part, the course is off-road but there are sometimes portions of pavement included in the course. You can expect to encounter grass, dirt, mud, gravel, sand, and a whole slew of other assortments and combinations.

Why did I decide to do it?? Because of course all the cool kids are doing it! My honey is loving it and I decided what better way to share some time together?? By killing myself, I mean, Having fun with my partner and best friend!

I've done a few races just weeks after owning my own bike. I think I got the hang of it somewhat. I am not that graceful, nor can I really "jump" or remount or whatever you want to call it back on my bike.

My honey looks way more professional than I do
So this weekend I will be going up to Oswego, NY to do the Cross out Child Abuse race. I felt daring enough to do 2 races tomorrow!

We will see how it goes!

T minus 27 Days until Ironman Training begins!!

2 comments:

  1. I've thought about trying this out for a long time but it seems so tough and I am by no means graceful on my bike. What has stopped me is the fact that it seems like you need a whole separate bike to try this, I only have a triathlon bike, and that my bike handling skills are not up to par. How did you feel about those? You are brave to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely different!! You are using a lot more power and strength. I have gained a lot of this doing Cyclocross! You do need a separate bike called a Cyclocross bike. Its a cross between a mountain bike and road bike.

      Delete