Saturday, August 2, 2014

Hot and Humid with a touch of weirdness.

Today was supposed to be a long run from my house, meet my friend at the parkway, run home.

Well, lets just say someone forgot to set their alarm right.

I woke up to 2 text messages from my friend, KM. "You did say 6 right?" OMFG!! Yes I did!

Well lets just throw that plan out the window and come up with Plan B!

I met her at the parkway about 20 min after I rummaged through the house trying to find what I needed. And why didn't I get it out the night before?! We won't even go there

There is something you need to know about my friend. She is like 80 Feet tall 5'11 and can talk while running a 7:30 min mile like nobody's business. I have tried to slow her down multiple times in our runs together but it never happens! Ha ha!

So out we went for at least an hour together. Chat chat chat, feel like shit, hot and muggy, chat some more, chug on water, gel, Feel like shit, hot and muggy. Get the picture on how the run went?

Needless to say we managed 7.2 miles in that hour time. In 94% Humidity! Ouch!

I came home to my honey. He told me to go out and do more of what I could before he left me had to go to work and leave out of town for the next 2 days. Gosh I am such a lucky woman!!!!

So off I went for another 4 miles. And crappy I felt. I started out fine, but 2 miles in I swear I had this out of body experience and felt like I was there running but couldn't feel my legs or arms doing the work. Does that sound crazy?! I looked at my pacing. Still was 8 min/mi so I wasn't backing off. I kept looking forward and just concentrating on the feeling of foot fall. I was worried and wondering why I felt so light as air! Is this the runners high everyone talks about? Have I really not experienced it before and this is what it feels like?! I kept pushing on. Stopped and walked a minute and kept on thinking, I don't feel bad, pacing is ok, but what the hell?!

I decided to keep trucking on focusing on form. Then like a light switch, I could feel everything again.

Weird.

Maybe it was hydration, maybe I was low on glucose. No idea!

Anyone have any thoughts on this?!

I managed a little over 11 miles in 1:32!!!

On to run the treadmill when little DD goes to bed for a quick nap for another 3. The marathon is going to be terrible if I don't start getting more mileage in!!

Happy Training!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment