Sunday, August 10, 2014

Swimming thoughts

Yesterday I had a 2K swim. I looked at my planned workout with confusion. What the heck is a 2K swim? Endurance swim? How fast do I need to go? How many miles is that?

Then it dawned on me...oh...a 2000 Yard Swim!! Genius I am these days!

I Thought this will be easy. Nice long strokes, think about pulling that hand back through the full stroke.

Got it.

Heres how the swim went:

0-200yds:  Wow I feel like I'm Flying! I'm going to rock this Swim

200-400yds.: Pull, pull, pull

400-600 yds: Is the lifeguard judging my stroke?? Aw, who cares anyways.

600-800 yds: Gosh I feel dead.. Just keep swimming..

800-1000yds: I wonder if I can grab the line at Lake Placid and never have to sight!

1000-1200 yds: Ok Start kicking or you are going to sink!!! Ok, Why do My legs feel like weights?!

1200-1400yds: Let me look at my Garmin. I must be almost done...What?? Ok, keep swimming

1400-1600 yds: I am swimming pretty smooth. no one else in the pool, the Lifeguard is staring at me! Why is he getting off his chair? I am not drowning!! Do I look like I am?!!

1600-1800 yds: " Honestly, I wanna see you be brave!!" (Songs starting to drift into mind)

1800-2000yds: I wonder if work is going to be busy today. Maybe not, its going to be a beautiful day. Who really wants to go to the doctors on a Saturday anyways??

2050yds: Oh!! I'm Done!!! Wooo hooo!! I can totally Survive Lake Placid!! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment