Sunday, June 24, 2012

Spectating a 70.3

Today I was a spectator to the Ironman Syracuse 70.3. Again, Its amazing to just watch the energy the athletes feed off when you cheer them on. Ok some were snobby and didn't care or acknowledge you were cheering them on which is total BS. Maybe they were just in there own box and couldn't come out to say thank you to all the cheering fans.

We got to the Event pretty early and got to see the Pros start on their bikes. What an amazing thing to watch. Its amazing that they too mess up at mounting their bikes!! See we aren't perfect! Our tri club set up an amazing tent right out of transition so we got to watch all the runners go by and come back in. Got some amazing pics of the pros and fast age groupers!! Pics to come!

I guess being a spectator isn't all that bad when you have to be sidelined for a good reason!!! I cannot wait to get back to triathlon racing!! I am still biking and swimming at least 2 days per week, Running 3. So its still there just alot slower than I want to be at this point!


25 weeks and counting!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved spectating at the IM last year it gives a whole new appreciation and made me feel better about some of the things that happened to me while racing! :-)

    ReplyDelete