Sunday, November 24, 2013

Whole 30...Almost complete!

I have been doing the Whole 30 Diet for the last 24 days. I got inspired to do this after my old coach Mary Eggers started doing this and feeling really good on it. I figured, what do I have to lose?

I got the book It Starts with Food and read it. Started to cut out all the junk that first day of reading the book! Now, I'm 24 days in and I'm hooked!! I never feel deprived or hungry. The only thing I have craved for the last few days is a piece of Chocolate. Only because my man decided to bring it into the house!

A few things I have come to the conclusion so far on this diet is...

1. You have to really like eggs

2. You have to really like onions. And for me, I do, but I hate chopping them and smelling them before they cook! I get really nauseated!

3. You have to chop a lot! And frankly, I'm not that good at chopping and have almost cut my finger a few times!!

4. Coconut oil is my new staple

5. I'm so glad I can eat sweet potatoes more often!

6. Coconut milk took some time getting used to

7. My new craving has been kale chips and coconut chips

8. I am ok with Black Coffee

9. I am in love with Paleomg.com recipes! and nomnompaleo!! and a few others of course!

10. I love Larabars!! They are all natural and yummy!

11. I am pretty regular now. I Know, TMI, TMI!!!

ok, So back to the training.

Swim- Um, yeah..what is that. This month had been a big FAT zero!! The pool has been closed and it isn't working with my schedule at the moment. I have been doing some land drills, but we will see how that turns up poolside. The pool is closed because of repairs until December 9th!!! OMGEEE!!

Bike- I have been doing a killer spin class on Friday mornings! It really is awesome! Now they have new spin bikes at my local Y with cadence and watts!! Its a competitive thing when Im in the class to see the other persons info on the screen!! Makes me go faster!! It helps that most of the class is triathletes too of course!! I also try to get 1-2 bikes in by myself at home when I can.

Run- Big Run focus right now. I have been consistently running 5-6 days per week. With longer runs on the weekend. Total mileage has been between 25-30miles per week. Getting ready for some 1/2 Marathons!!

Strength- This week I figured it was time to add some strength at least 1-2 times per week. I added some Legs and Abs this week and am still feeling it!! Ahh!!

Happy Training!!

2 comments:

  1. Mmm kale chips that sounds yummy I like kale a lot but never tried the chips..

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are so good and easy!! Get the Bag of kale, Put some in a bowl, add EVOO and garlic salt, mix. cook at 350 until crispy!! YUMMM

    ReplyDelete