Sunday, April 26, 2015

Ironman Lake Placid Training week #24

I am behind on my Blogging big time. Ironman training has taken over and the little things are starting to take a back burner. I give you the quick and dirty version.

I got a lot of riding in and it was a little better with the weather.

I won my Age group in the Springtime 10K! 8th OA female and 1st in AG! I will take it! I haven't had a AG win since I was in my 20s! It was a tough course but I held my own. Especially in the last 100yds when I sprinted to pass a girl that passed me minutes before that! I love a challenge.

I am getting ready to do the Mountain Goat run next. I am planning on doing the 3K nice and easy to warm up, then the 10miler full speed! If I have speed after a 4:30 Bike the day before. Oh the thrills of IM training!

I realized that IM is a lonely sport. I feel no one wants to ride/run with me because I am "too fast" or "biking or running too long" I am sad some days that I don't have a group to run with. I am mentally prepared for a long journey, but it is better with company for sure. I am so grateful to my training partners I do have though.

The last weeks breakdown

Swim: 7625 yds, 2:12:00= 15.2% of training
Bike: 126 miles, 7:25:00= 51.3% of training
Run: 33.7 mile, 4:51:09= 33.5% of training

Total training time: 14:28:09

Happy training!

1 comment: